Qualifications, Accreditations and Awards - The hallmark of a professional
Shirley Mitchell FGA DGA Ltd offers a comprehensive, independent and professional jewellery and watch valuation service direct to members of the public, using a home visit service, the insurance industry and trade clients, via secure post or at your premises.
Valuation and Gemmological Qualifications
Shirley holds the following qualificatons:
- Fellow of the N.A.J. Institute of Registered Valuers
- Fellow of the Gemmological Association of Great Britain
- Diamond Member of the Gemmological Association of Great Britain
- NAJ Professional Jewellers Valuation Diploma
- NAJ Professional Jewellers Gemstone Diploma
- NAJ Professional Jewellers Management Diploma
To become a Fellow of the Institute of Registered Valuers it is necessary to complete a 'Continuing Professional Development' plan within a specified period, in addition to this samples of our work must be submitted to the Institute for inspection and monitoring ~ therefore you can be assured that you will receive a most comprehensive and reliable valuation.
Shirley is a member and/or an Office Bearer for all the respected jewellery appraisal and gemmological organsisations in the UK, including:
- Senior Member of the Association of Independent Jewellery Valuers
- Founder Member of the Academy of Valuers
- Committee Member of the Institute of Registered Valuers
- Fellow of the National Association of Jewellers
- Member of the Scottish Gemmological Association
- Member of the Society of Jewellery Historians
- Member of the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers (USA)
- Member of the Accredited Gemologists Association (USA)
Shirley is also an Examiner to the Institute of Registered Valuers 'Certificate of Appraisal Theory' programme and a member of the IRV Registration Panel.
There are two prestigious awards relating to jewellery appraisal and valuation in the UK, both signify the recipient's dedication to their profession and Shirley has been awarded both of them:
- Association of Independent Jewellery Valuers (AIJV) 'Valuer of the Year 2013'
- Winner of the NAJ's Institute of Registered Valuers 'David Wilkins Award' 2013